Moving in and moving out (notifying the city) / 各種届け出

●Moving In / 転入届 てんにゅうとどけ

Please confirm your new address in Ichinoseki and notify the city within 14 days after moving in. (Note: You cannot notify the city in advance.)

What to bring:

・notice of moving out from previous city or town in Japan (not applicable if moving in from overseas)

・personal seal (‘inkan’ in Japanese)

・identification such as a driver’s license or passport

・National Pension booklet if enrolled






●Moving out / 転出届 てんしゅつとどけ

Please confirm your new address and notify Ichinoseki City up to 14 days before moving out or within 14 days after doing so.

What to bring:

・personal seal (‘inkan’ in Japanese)

・identification such as a driver’s license, passport or Residence Card

・National Health Insurance and National Pension booklets if enrolled






●Changing Residences Within the City / 転居届てんきょとどけ

Please confirm your new address and notify the city within 14 days after moving to your new address in Ichinoseki (notification cannot be made in advance). 

What to bring:

・personal seal (‘inkan’ in Japanese)

・identification such as a driver’s license, passport or Residence Card

・National Health Insurance and National Pension booklets if enrolled







●Notification of Household Changes 世帯変更届 せたいへんこうとどけ

When the head of your household changes, or when households divide or merge.  

Notify the city within 14 days of the date of the change

What to bring

・ Personal seal of the notifying party 

・ identification such as a driver’s license, passport or residence card

・ National Health Insurance and National Pension booklets if enrolled


●世帯主が変わったときや、世帯を分けたり一緒にし たときは、変更のあった日から14日以内に届け出てく ださい。 

◦届け出人の認印 ◦届け出人の本人確認書類(運転免許証、パスポート、在留カードなどなど)など) ◦

国民健康保険に加入している人は、保険証が必要 です。

●Marriage Notification 婚姻届け こんいんとどけ

To register your marriage at city hall, you will need

・ Marriage Notification 婚姻届け(available at city hall/branches)

・Two adult witnesses with their personal seals + signatures

・ Seals of both parties and personal identification (driver’s license, passport etc.)

・ A copy of the family register 戸籍謄本(こせきとうほん kosekitohon) if they are a Japanese National and their permanent address is not within Ichinoseki.

・If there is a change in address, you will need to ask for a change of address notification 住所異動届け(じゅうしょいどうとどけ) 

*Required documents vary depending on nationality. Concerning marriages between foreign nationals, it’s best to consult with the city hall’s Civic Division as well as check with your respective embassy/consulate(s).

●結婚届け:届け書の通数は1通です。本籍地が一関市以外の人 は、戸籍全部事項証明書(戸籍謄本)を1通添付してく ださい。届け書の証人欄に成人2人の署名、押印が必 要です。  

住所の異動がある場合は、婚姻届のほかに住所異 動の届け出が必要ですので、窓口でお話しください。 ◦届け出人の認印 ◦届け出人の本人確認書類(運転免許証など。必要な書類は国籍によって異なります。


●Pregnancy Notification 妊娠届け にんしんとどけ

Once you confirm your pregnancy at a hospital, please inform the Child Care Support Division or the Health and Welfare Division. 

You will be handed a Maternal and Child Health Handbook and be eligible for health consultations and guidance. 

The Maternal and Child Health Handbook retains important records such as the progress and status of pregnancy, 

health checkup data on post-delivery and vaccinations. You will also be issued health checkup tickets. 

妊娠届・母子健康手帳等の交付  妊娠が分かったら届け出ましょう。母子健康手帳と妊婦一般健康診査受診票などを交付します。  母子健康手帳は、妊娠中の経過や出産の状態、産後の子どもの健康診査データや予防接種などの大切な記録が残ります。 

●交付するもの ・母子健康手帳 ・妊婦一般健康診査受診票 ・妊婦歯科健康診査受診票 ・産婦健康診査受診票 ・新生児聴覚検査受診票 

●届出場所 子育て支援課または各支所保健福祉課 ※母子健康手帳交付申請書は、子育て支援課または 各支所保健福祉課の窓口にあります。

●問い合わせ先 子育て支援課または各支所保健福祉課

●Birth Notification 

Please notify the city within 14 days of when your child is born. 

The characters that can be used for the name are kanji, hiragana and katakana.

What you need: 

・Maternal and Child Health Handbook 母子健康手帳 ぼしけんこうてちょう

・birth certificate  (must be certified by a doctor)

・personal seal  判子 (はんこ)

・National Health Insurance card

●子どもが生まれた日から14日以内に届け出をしてく ださい。届け書右半面に、医師などの出生証明書が必 要です。名前に使用できる文字は、常用漢字、人名用 漢字、平仮名、片仮名に限られています。


◦届け出人の認印 ◦母子手帳 ◦国民健康保険に加入されている人は、保険証が必 要です。

●Death Notification 死亡届 しぼうとどけ

Notify the city within 7 days of the confirmed death. 

A doctor is to fill out the death certificate 死体検査書 (したいけんさしょ) on the right half of the death notification form.

After the notification is completed, a cremation permit will be issued. This is necessary for the cremation, please do not forget it on the day of cremation.

 If you choose to use the Tsuriyama Seian Funeral Hall or the Senmaya Seian Funeral Hall, reserve in advance. 

死亡したことがわかった日から7日以内に届け出 をしてください。届け書右半面に、医師の死亡診断書 (死体検案書)が必要です。  届け出終了後、埋火葬許可証を交付します。

これ は、火葬の際必要になりますので、火葬当日は忘れず にお持ちください。また、釣山斎苑、千厩斎苑を利用 する場合は、事前に電話予約が必要です。

●Seal Registration 印鑑登録 いんかんとうろく

In Japan, a personal seal (inkan) is often used instead of a signature as official verification in certain situations.   An officially registered seal (jitsuin) is used for important 

documents. Ichinoseki's seal registration system is card-based.  Ichinoseki residents aged 15 years or older can register. When registering, please bring  photo identification

 such as a valid driver's license,  or other photo identification issued by a government agency to the Civic Division. In the case that your identity  cannot be confirmed, 

the person registering will need a guarantor. Registration can be handled by someone on your behalf, for details visit or call the Civic Division. 

When registration is completed, a seal registration card 印鑑登録証(いんかんとうろくしょう)will be given.    

In some cases,  you may be asked to provide a  personal seal registration certificate 印鑑登録証明書(いんかんとうろくしょうめいしょ)to prove that the seal is registered. 

To obtain the certificate, you need to present your personal seal registration card. 


一関市の印鑑登録制度は、カード方式です。一関市に住民登録している15歳以上の人(成年被後見人を除 く)であれば登録できます。  

登録する場合は、本人が、印鑑と本人であることを 確認できる運転免許証など、官公庁で発行した写真の 貼ってある身分証明書を市民課にお持ちください。  もし確認できない場合は、印鑑登録している保証人 が1人必要です。  

代理人による登録手続きもできますが、詳しいこと は窓口で直接、または電話でお尋ねください。  

登録が済みますと印鑑登録証(カード)をお渡しし ます。場合によって、登録されていることを証明するための印鑑登録証明書が必要となります。

印鑑登録証明書が必要な場合は、必ずカードを お持ちください。 

●My Number Card(マイナンバー)/Individual Number 個人番号カード こじんばんごうかーど

You will be given an individual number in the form of a Notification Card (light, mint-green papery card) within three weeks of moving into the country from your local municipality.

Please keep this “card” safe. Notification Cards alone cannot be used as ID. My Number Cards are issued to those who apply. 

This is a card with a photograph and can be used as formal ID. If your name or address has changed, bring your Notification Card or My Number 

card to the civic division at the city hall or branch office. If you have misplaced your card you can apply to have it reissued at the Civic Division. 

If you’d like to switch from a Notification Card to a My Number Card, please visit

The first time is free of charge.

My Number card registrations for those under 15 must be done by a legal representative (parental authority).  

「通知カード」は移住してから3週間以内に送られてきます(ミント色の紙カード)。これには個人番号が書かれていますが、これだけでは身分証明書にはなりません。「個人番号カード」は申請した方のみに交付され る、写真付のカードです。

「個人番号カード」は公的な 本人確認書類として使用できます。  住所や氏名に変更があった場合は、変更内容を記載 しますので、「通知カード」または「個人番号カード」を 本庁または各支所市民課窓口にお持ち下さい。

紛失時 の再交付申請も本庁または各支所市民課で受け付け ます。  「通知カード」から「個人番号カード」への切り替えの詳細は、「通知カード」に同封されていたパンフレットまたは個人番号総合サイト(https://www.をご覧下さい。


「個人番号 カード」の初回交付は無料です。15歳未満の方の「個人 番号カード」の申請は、法定代理人(親権者)が行うことになります。